Destiny's Child Philosophy
Where Independence Begins
- The philosophy of Destiny's Child Inc., is derived from the simple expression "United We Can Make a Difference", in each and every individuals life.
- D.C.I. strives to nurture and support the clients we serve
While Clients are receiving impatient or residential services, their rights include but are not limited to the following list.
Rights are as follows:
- Having their health and safety protected while in residential or inpatient services.
- Prompt and confidential services in the least restrictive environment available.
- Being treated with respect and dignity.
- Receiving treatment without regard to race, sex, or age
- Taking part in planning their own treatment and knowing the benefits, risk, and or side effects of all medications and treatment alternatives.
- Knowing the cost of the treatment and their responsibility for payment.
- Being free of restraints or seclusion, except as a last resort for safety.
- Being free of mental, physical, sexual or verbal abuse and free of neglect or exploitation.
- Pursing employment, education and religious expression.
- Seeing or refusing to see visitors; making and receiving telephone calls
- Receiving and sending mail except under certain conditions.
- Participating in social, religious, and community activities of their choice.
- Keeping or having access to their own money and personal effects, with limitations for safety, and wearing their won clothes.
- Accessing free interpretation services as needed.